Monday 2 November 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ray Walston and Johnny Vander Meer.
The Noise of Bombs, directed by Mack Sennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 November 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1914!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1914 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Ray Walston: American actor who became most noted for the TV sitcom series "My Favorite Martian.
- Johnny Vander Meer: baseball player (d. 1997).
- Antoine Casenobe: French aviator, a flying ace in World War II having won 7 victories in aerial combat.
- Johnny Meer: American baseball player and manager (d. 1997).
- Great Britain annexes Cyprus
- V Herbert and H Blossoms Only Girl, premieres in New York City
- Russia declares war on the Ottoman Empire.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Want to Go Back to Michigan (Down on the Farm) - Elida Morris
- Memphis Blues - Prince's Orchestra