Friday 2 November 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Jack Queyranne and Giorgos Kolokithas.
Detour, directed by Edgar G. Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while The Black Rose by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1945!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 2 November 1945 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Jean-Jack Queyranne
- Giorgos Kolokithas: Greek basketball player (d. 2013).
- J Souther: American singer-songwriter guitarist and actor (Longbranch Pennywhistle and Souther Hillman Furay Band).
- Princess Thyra: daughter of Frederick VIII of Denmark (Born 1880).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Walkin' with My Honey (Soon, Soon, Soon) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- It Might As Well Be Spring - Paul Weston & His Orchestra (Vocal Margaret Whiting)
- Jo Stafford - That's for Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?