Saturday 2 October 1915
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Russell "Chubby" Wise and Chuck Williams.
The Coward, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while The Turmoil by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1915!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1915 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Robert Russell "Chubby" Wise: Musician.
- Chuck Williams: American author and businessman founded Williams-Sonoma (d. 2015).
- Chubby Wise: American singer and fiddler (d. 1996).
- Russell Alexander: Composer, dies at 38.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Henry Burr & Albert Campbell - When It's Peach Picking Time in Delaware
- War Talk at Pun'kin Center - Cal Stewart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?