Sunday 2 October 1988
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit) by Bobby McFerrin.
In UK One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Dead Ringers, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Cardinal Of The Kremlin by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching American Experience.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dark Side or Hidden Agenda.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1988!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1988 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 October
- Alec Issigonis: Greek-British car designer, developer of the Mini (Born 1906).
- 24th Olympic games close at Seoul, Korea
- Gelindo Bordin wins 21st Olympics marathon (2:10:32)
- Mike Tyson wrecks furniture in his Bernardsville New Jersey Mansion
- Minn Twins are 1st AL club ever to break 3 million season attendance
- Police breakup domestic disturbance between Mike Tyson and Robin Givens
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 October 1988
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Always Love You
- Peter Cetera - One Good Woman
- Red Red Wine '88 - UB40
- Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Hate Myself For Loving You
- Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
- Information Society - What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?