Thursday 20 October 1988
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 20, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Candice Swanepoel and ASAP Ferg.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins.
In UK One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Red Scorpion, directed by Joseph Zito, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Breathing Lessons by Anne Tyler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dirty Dancing.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Amagon or Katakis.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 October 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1988!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1988 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Candice Swanepoel: South African model.
- ASAP Ferg: Musician.
- Francis Boulle: Reality Star.
- Lauren Flans: Comedian.
- Ma Long: Chinese table tennis player.
- Risa Niigaki: Japanese singer and actress (Morning Musume Tanpopo Sakuragumi and Athena & Robikerottsu).
- Dodgers win World Series, LA 1st to have both NBA and baseball champs as LA beats Oakland Athletics, 4 games to 1 in 85th World Series
- LA Dodgers beat Oakland Athletics in World Series 4 games to 1
- Britain ends suspects right to remain silent in crackdown on Irish Republican Army.
- Gastineau sacks New York Jets, retires from football "for personal reasons".
- Man armed with explosives blows self up in 125 Steet subway station (New York City).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Groovy Kind Of Love
- Red Red Wine '88 - UB40
- Information Society - What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- The Escape Club - Wild, Wild West
- The Beach Boys - Kokomo
- Steve Winwood - Don't You Know What The Night Can Do?
- Bobby Brown - Don't Be Cruel
- Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel
- Kylie Minogue - The Loco-Motion
Top #10 R&B songs
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Karyn White - The Way You Love Me
- New Edition - You're Not My Kind Of Girl
- Don't Rock The Boat - Midnight Star Feat. Ecstacy Of Whodini
- Luther Vandross - Any Love
- Anita Baker - Giving You The Best That I Got
- Kiara - The Best Of Me
- George Benson - Let's Do It Again
- Sade - Nothing Can Come Between Us
- Vanessa Williams - (He's Got) The Look
Top #10 Latin songs
- Angela Carrasco - BOCA ROSA
- SENTADO A LA VERA DEL CAMINO - EYDIE GORME Y ROBERTO CARLOS
- Franco - MARIA
- ESTE AMOR QUE HAY QUE CALLAR - Yolandita Monge
- QUE SERA - Emmanuel
- SI EL AMOR SE VA - Roberto Carlos
- Marisela - YA NO
- MALA NOCHE NO - Veronica Castro
- HAZME TUYA UNA VEZ MAS - Isabel Pantoja
- Es un alma en pena - Lucia Mendez
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?