Monday 10 October 1988
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mohammed Merah and Rose McIver.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Red Red Wine '88 by UB40.
In UK One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
The Accused, directed by Jonathan Kaplan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Duchess Of Windsor by Charles Higham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Kids in the Hall.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Decisive Battles of the American Civil War Volume 1: Bull Run to Chancellorsville or Battle Chess.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1988!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 10 October 1988 ?
- Mohammed Merah: French serial killer and terrorist.
- Rose McIver: TV Actress.
- Matthew Meese: TV Actor.
- Luis Cardozo: Paraguayan footballer.
- Shaun Fensom: Australian rugby player.
- Brown Ideye: Nigerian footballer.
- Toby Smith: Australian-New Zealand rugby player.
- Jacob Williams: Comedian.
- 22nd Country Music Association Award: Highway 101, K T Oslin win
- Royals announce that Dick Howser, who underwent surgery for a brain tumor in July, will return to manage the club in 1989
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Red Red Wine '88 - UB40
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- Phil Collins - Groovy Kind Of Love
- Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel
- Information Society - What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- Steve Winwood - Don't You Know What The Night Can Do?
- Bobby Brown - Don't Be Cruel
- The Escape Club - Wild, Wild West
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Hate Myself For Loving You
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 10 October 1988
- New York Giants - Philadelphia Eagles : 13 - 24
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?