Friday 28 October 1988
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 28, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Devon Murray and Raphaël Lakafia.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins.
In UK One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
They Live, directed by John Carpenter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Tracks by Louise Erdrich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dirty Dancing.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Herzog or Famicom Tantei Club: Kieta Kōkeisha.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 October 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1988!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1988 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Devon Murray: Irish singer and actor.
- Raphaël Lakafia
- Josef Salvat
- Shota Kawanishi: Japanese footballer.
- Jamie xx: Musician.
- Jurors award $147,000 to Tacoma parishioner seduced by her minister
- Microsoft cofounder Paul Allen gives US$10 million to University of Washington library.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Groovy Kind Of Love
- The Beach Boys - Kokomo
- The Escape Club - Wild, Wild West
- Red Red Wine '88 - UB40
- Information Society - What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)
- Steve Winwood - Don't You Know What The Night Can Do?
- Kylie Minogue - The Loco-Motion
- INXS - Never Tear Us Apart
- Whitney Houston - One Moment In Time
- Bon Jovi - Bad Medicine
Top #10 R&B songs
- Karyn White - The Way You Love Me
- Luther Vandross - Any Love
- New Edition - You're Not My Kind Of Girl
- Don't Rock The Boat - Midnight Star Feat. Ecstacy Of Whodini
- Anita Baker - Giving You The Best That I Got
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Cheryl Pepsii Riley - Thanks For My Child
- Al B. Sure! - Rescue Me
- Ready For The World - My Girly
- Vanessa Williams - (He's Got) The Look
Top #10 Latin songs
- Angela Carrasco - BOCA ROSA
- Franco - MARIA
- SENTADO A LA VERA DEL CAMINO - EYDIE GORME Y ROBERTO CARLOS
- ESTE AMOR QUE HAY QUE CALLAR - Yolandita Monge
- SI EL AMOR SE VA - Roberto Carlos
- MALA NOCHE NO - Veronica Castro
- QUE SERA - Emmanuel
- Marisela - YA NO
- HAZME TUYA UNA VEZ MAS - Isabel Pantoja
- Rocio Durcal - Como Tu Mujer
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?