Monday October 17, 1988
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 17, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yuko Oshima and Nikki Flores.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins.
In UK One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Red Scorpion, directed by Joseph Zito, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Queen Of The Damned by Anne Rice was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dirty Dancing.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battles of Napoleon or Erika to Satoru no Yume Bōken.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 October 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1988!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1988 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Yuko Oshima: Japanese singer and actress (AKB48 and Not Yet).
- Nikki Flores
- Marina Salas
- Kristen Espinosa: YouTube Star.
- Rebecca Robertson: Reality Star.
- Christina Crawford: American professional wrestler.
- Tori Matsuzaka: Japanese model and actor.
- Dami Im: Pop Singer.
- Timothy Molloy: Drummer.
- Simply Nailogical: YouTube Star.
- Lyndon LaRouche pleads innocent to fraud, conspiracy indictment
- Phillip Morris announces US$11 billion tender offer for Kraft.
- Dallas Green replaces Lou Pinella as manager of the New York Yankees.
- 31 reported dead as Ugandan jetliner crashes in fog near Rome, Italy.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 17 October 1988
- Buffalo Bills - New York Jets : 37 - 14
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Groovy Kind Of Love
- Red Red Wine '88 - UB40
- Information Society - What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- The Escape Club - Wild, Wild West
- The Beach Boys - Kokomo
- Steve Winwood - Don't You Know What The Night Can Do?
- Bobby Brown - Don't Be Cruel
- Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel
- Kylie Minogue - The Loco-Motion
Top #10 R&B songs
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Karyn White - The Way You Love Me
- New Edition - You're Not My Kind Of Girl
- Don't Rock The Boat - Midnight Star Feat. Ecstacy Of Whodini
- Luther Vandross - Any Love
- Anita Baker - Giving You The Best That I Got
- Kiara - The Best Of Me
- George Benson - Let's Do It Again
- Sade - Nothing Can Come Between Us
- Vanessa Williams - (He's Got) The Look
Top #10 Latin songs
- Angela Carrasco - BOCA ROSA
- SENTADO A LA VERA DEL CAMINO - EYDIE GORME Y ROBERTO CARLOS
- Franco - MARIA
- ESTE AMOR QUE HAY QUE CALLAR - Yolandita Monge
- QUE SERA - Emmanuel
- SI EL AMOR SE VA - Roberto Carlos
- Marisela - YA NO
- MALA NOCHE NO - Veronica Castro
- HAZME TUYA UNA VEZ MAS - Isabel Pantoja
- Es un alma en pena - Lucia Mendez
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?