Sunday 23 October 1988
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Oliver Proudlock and Jordan Crawford.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins.
In UK One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Mystic Pizza, directed by Donald Petrie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Cardinal Of The Kremlin by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nana.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cybernoid II: The Revenge or Famicom Wars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1988!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1988 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Oliver Proudlock: Reality Star.
- Jordan Crawford: American basketball player.
- Aleksandr Salugin: Russian footballer.
- Carolin Schiewe: German footballer.
- Asashio Taro III: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 46th Yokozuna (Born 1929).
- Boston Celtics play Spain in Madrid.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Groovy Kind Of Love
- Red Red Wine '88 - UB40
- Information Society - What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- The Escape Club - Wild, Wild West
- The Beach Boys - Kokomo
- Steve Winwood - Don't You Know What The Night Can Do?
- Bobby Brown - Don't Be Cruel
- Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel
- Kylie Minogue - The Loco-Motion
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 23 October 1988
- Cleveland Browns - Phoenix Cardinals : 29 - 21
- Dallas Cowboys - Philadelphia Eagles : 23 - 24
- Denver Broncos - Pittsburgh Steelers : 21 - 39
- Detroit Lions - Kansas City Chiefs : 7 - 6
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?