Wednesday 2 August 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Camille Hilaire and Reginald Murley.
Madcap Ambrose, directed by Fred Hibbard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 August 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1916 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Camille Hilaire: Metz Painters.
- Reginald Murley: Surgeon.
- Jean-Claude Aaron: French businessman, a builder and developer who organized the financing of the Maine-Montparnasse Tower in Paris.
- Alfonso Ossorio: Filipino-American painter and sculptor (d. 1990).
- Hamish MacCunn: Scottish musician, a conductor, composer and writer of operas, overtures and choir works.
- World War I: Austrian sabotage causes the sinking of the Italian battleship Leonardo da Vinci in Taranto.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Just A-Wearyin' for You - Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- Alma Gluck - The Nightingale Song
- Hello, Hawaii, How Are You? - Nora Bayes
- Babes in the Wood - Gladys Rice & Walter Van Brunt