Wednesday 2 August 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Reginald Murley and Jean-Claude Aaron.
Intolerance: Love's Struggle Throughout the Ages, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Seventeen by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1916 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Reginald Murley: Surgeon.
- Jean-Claude Aaron: French businessman, a builder and developer who organized the financing of the Maine-Montparnasse Tower in Paris.
- Camille Hilaire: Metz Painters.
- Alfonso Ossorio: Filipino-American painter and sculptor (d. 1990).
- Hamish MacCunn: Scottish musician, a conductor, composer and writer of operas, overtures and choir works.
- World War I: Austrian sabotage causes the sinking of the Italian battleship Leonardo da Vinci in Taranto.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- There's a Quaker Down in Quaker Town - Peerless Quartet
- Baby Shoes - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?