Tuesday 2 October 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 2, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rosaleen Norton and William Marshall III.
All at Sea, directed by Charles Frend, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 October 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1917!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1917 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Rosaleen Norton: Australian artist and occultist, a witch who used the craft name of Thorn.
- Francis Jackson: Organist and master of Music / York minister.
- William Marshall III: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Blacula, Honky).
- Marcel Durliat: French art historian, a professor at the University of Toulouse-Le Mirail, and author of books on Romanesque art.
- Christian de Duve: English-Belgian cytologist and biochemist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2013).
- Charles Drake: Geologist, dies of heart attack at 92.