Thursday 3 September 1925
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Hunt and Bengt Lindstrom.
The Phantom of the Opera, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while Soundings by A. Hamilton Gibbs was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1925!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1925 ?
- Bengt Lindstrom: Swedish outdoor artist (d. 2008).
- Pierre Hunt: French diplomat, who served as ambassador to Congo (1972-1976), Madagascar (1976-1978), Tunisia (1980-1983), Egypt (1985-1989) and Portugal (1989-1990).
- Bengt Lindström: Swedish painter and sculptor (d. 2008).
- Shoista Mullojonova: Tajikistani Shashmakom singer (d. 2010).
- Hank Thompson: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2007).
- 1st international handball match held
- Dirigible Shenandoah crashes near Caldwell, Ohio, USA; 13 die.
- USS Shenandoah (ZR-1), the United States' first American-built rigid airship, was destroyed in a squall line over Noble County, Ohio. Fourteen of her 42-man crew perished, including her commander, Zachary Lansdowne.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?