Thursday 3 September 1925
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 3, 1925). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Hunt and Bengt Lindstrom.
Alice the Jail Bird, directed by Walt Disney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 September 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1925!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1925 ?
- Bengt Lindstrom: Swedish outdoor artist (d. 2008).
- Pierre Hunt: French diplomat, who served as ambassador to Congo (1972-1976), Madagascar (1976-1978), Tunisia (1980-1983), Egypt (1985-1989) and Portugal (1989-1990).
- Bengt Lindström: Swedish painter and sculptor (d. 2008).
- Shoista Mullojonova: Tajikistani Shashmakom singer (d. 2010).
- Hank Thompson: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2007).
- 1st international handball match held
- Dirigible Shenandoah crashes near Caldwell, Ohio, USA; 13 die.
- USS Shenandoah (ZR-1), the United States' first American-built rigid airship, was destroyed in a squall line over Noble County, Ohio. Fourteen of her 42-man crew perished, including her commander, Zachary Lansdowne.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Moonlight and Roses - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
- Isn't She the Sweetest Thing? - Georgie Price
- If You Knew Susie (Like I Know Susie) - Jack Shilkret & His Orchestra