Wednesday 23 September 1925
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-François Calvé and Eleonora Rossi Drago.
The Circle, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 September 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1925!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1925 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Jean-François Calvé: French actor who died on 8 October 2014 in Couilly-Pont-aux-Dames (Seine-et-Marne).
- Eleonora Rossi Drago: Italian sensual leading lady of Italian and international films, including "Dorian Gray," "David and Goliath" and "Under Ten Flags.
- Jean-Charles Tacchella: French journalist, film critic, scriptwriter and director.
- Barry Linehan: Actor (Bullseye, Dark Places, Witchcraft).
- Denis Twitchett: Cambridge scholar, and Chinese historian (Born 1925).
- Washington shortstop Roger Peckinpaugh is named AL MVP
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sweet Georgia Brown - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Let it Rain - Gene Austin
- Pal of My Cradle Days - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra