Friday 18 September 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harvey Haddix and Dorothy Wedderburn.
The Circle, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Little French Girl by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1925!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1925 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Harvey Haddix: American baseball player, a left-handed pitcher with the St. Louis Cardinals, Philadelphia Phillies, Cincinnati Redlegs, Pittsburgh Pirates and Baltimore Orioles between 1952 and 1965.
- Dorothy Wedderburn: English economist and academic (d. 2012).
- Bill Tilden wins 6th straight US tennis championship
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Yes Sir, That's My Baby - Blossom Seeley
- Cheatin' on Me - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
- Everything is Hotsy Totsy Now - Gene Austin
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?