Tuesday 1 September 1925
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 1, 1925). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Art Pepper and Art[hur E] Pepper.
The Ugly Duckling, directed by Andy T. Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 September 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1925!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1925 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Art Pepper: American musician playing a jazz alto tenor saxophone.
- Art[hur E] Pepper: United States -- Alto saxophonist.
- Ruth S White: Composer.
- Arvonne Fraser: American activist.
- Pierre de Coubertin steps down as Chairman of International Olympic Committee
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Moonlight and Roses - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
- Isn't She the Sweetest Thing? - Georgie Price
- If You Knew Susie (Like I Know Susie) - Jack Shilkret & His Orchestra