Tuesday 1 September 1925
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Art Pepper and Art[hur E] Pepper.
The Phantom of the Opera, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while Glorious Apollo by E. Barrington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1925!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1925 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Art Pepper: American musician playing a jazz alto tenor saxophone.
- Art[hur E] Pepper: United States -- Alto saxophonist.
- Ruth S White: Composer.
- Arvonne Fraser: American activist.
- Pierre de Coubertin steps down as Chairman of International Olympic Committee
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?