Wednesday 16 September 1925
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 16, 1925). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include B B King and Christian Cabrol.
The Circle, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 September 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1925!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1925 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- B B King: American musician.
- Christian Cabrol: Chezy sur Marne physician.
- Charles Haughey: Irish accountant lawyer and politician 7th Taoiseach of Ireland (d. 2006).
- Charlie Byrd: American singer and guitarist (d. 1999).
- BB King: American R&B singer, considered by many to be the top blues master of his generation, putting out more than 70 albums.
- Jacques Dessemme: France sport Champion.
- CJ Haughey: Irish politician who, as of 1990, was Taoiseach (prime minister) of Ireland and a member of the Fianna Fail Party.
- B(lues) B(oy) King in Itta Bena: Mississippi, USA; blues singer ("The Thrill is Gone").
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sweet Georgia Brown - Ethel Waters
- Honey, I'm in Love With You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- If You Knew Susie - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- Oh, How I Miss You Tonight - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra