Wednesday 16 September 1925
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include B B King and Christian Cabrol.
The Circle, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Keeper of the Bees by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1925!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1925 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- B B King: American musician.
- Christian Cabrol: Chezy sur Marne physician.
- Charles Haughey: Irish accountant lawyer and politician 7th Taoiseach of Ireland (d. 2006).
- Charlie Byrd: American singer and guitarist (d. 1999).
- BB King: American R&B singer, considered by many to be the top blues master of his generation, putting out more than 70 albums.
- B(lues) B(oy) King in Itta Bena: Mississippi, USA; blues singer ("The Thrill is Gone").
- CJ Haughey: Irish politician who, as of 1990, was Taoiseach (prime minister) of Ireland and a member of the Fianna Fail Party.
- Jacques Dessemme: France sport Champion.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Everything is Hotsy Totsy Now - Gene Austin
- Cheatin' on Me - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
- Yes Sir, That's My Baby - Blossom Seeley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?