Tuesday 15 September 1925
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 15, 1925). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carlo Rambaldi and Erika Köth.
The Circle, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1925!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1925 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Carlo Rambaldi: Italian artist whose greatest fame came with the technical creation of creatures in film making.
- Erika Köth
- Edwin Kachan: American athlete, he played pro basketball for one season in 1948.
- Stanley Chapman: British architect, designer, translator and writer (Born 1925).
- Forrest Compton in Reading: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Gomer Pyle USMC, Edge of Night).
- Helle Virkner: Danish actress and singer (d. 2009).
- Forrest Compton: American actor.
- Erika Koth: German soprano opera singer who made her debut at Kaiserslautern in 1948.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sweet Georgia Brown - Ethel Waters
- Honey, I'm in Love With You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- If You Knew Susie - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- Oh, How I Miss You Tonight - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra