Wednesday 3 October 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Erik Bruhn and Christian d'Oriola.
The Fall of the House of Usher, directed by Jean Epstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 October 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1928!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1928 ?
- Erik Bruhn: Danish dancer, one of the great ballet dancers of the 20th century who set standards of dance excellence and dramatic intensity.
- Christian d'Oriola
- Christian D'Oriola: French athlete and six-time Olympic medalist in fencing between the years of 1948-1956 (four gold, two silver medals).
- Kåre Willoch: Norwegian politician of the Conservative Party.
- Shridath Surendranath "Sonny" Ramphal: Guyanese Secretary General (1975- ).
- Edward Moyers: American businessman (d. 2006).
- Shridath Ramphal: Guyanese academic and politician 2nd Commonwealth Secretary-General.
- Christian Oriola: France sport Champion.
- Erik Bruhn in Copenhagen: Denmark; dancer (National Ballet of Canada).
- French sun Ondine sinks returning to Toulon, drowning 42