Monday 4 August 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 4, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Déon and Walter Wriston.
The Lost Battalion, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1919 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Michel Déon: French novelist and literary columnist.
- Walter Wriston: Businessman.
- Michel Deon: French writer.
- Dave Gregory: English guitarist and keyboard player (XTC and Big Big Train).
- Romanian army occupies Budapest.
- In Germany, the Weimar Constitution is proclaimed to be in effect. (ratified)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'll Say She Does - Al Jolson
- Spirt of Independence March - Conway's Band