Saturday 4 August 1900
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon and Arturo Umberto.
Sherlock Holmes Baffled, directed by Arthur Marvin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1900!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1900 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon
- Arturo Umberto: Illia president of Argentina (1963-66).
- Mother Elizabeth: British royalty, a beloved symbol of courage and dignity during a tumultuous century of war, always seen as modest and stable.
- Arturo Illia: Argentinian physician and politician, member of the centrist UCR, President of Argentina from October 12, 1963, to June 28, 1966, before being deposed in a coup d'état.
- Douglas L Mays: Cartoonist (Punch).
- Louis Armstrong: Trumpet Player.
- Elizabeth : Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother of the United Kingdom (d. 2002).
- Elizabeth The Queen Mother: Royalty.
- Isaac Levitan: Russian painter and illustrator (d. 1900).