Saturday 4 August 1900
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 4, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon and Douglas L Mays.
The Last Days of Pompeii, directed by Ernest B. Schoedsack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1900!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1900 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon
- Douglas L Mays: Cartoonist (Punch).
- Arturo Umberto: Illia president of Argentina (1963-66).
- Mother Elizabeth: British royalty, a beloved symbol of courage and dignity during a tumultuous century of war, always seen as modest and stable.
- Ernie Pyle: Journalist.
- Elizabeth The Queen Mother: Royalty.
- Louis Armstrong: Trumpet Player.
- Elizabeth : Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother of the United Kingdom (d. 2002).
- Arturo Illia: Argentinian physician and politician, member of the centrist UCR, President of Argentina from October 12, 1963, to June 28, 1966, before being deposed in a coup d'état.
- Isaac Levitan: Russian painter and illustrator (d. 1900).