Monday 4 August 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Quincey Daniels and Gordon Hoban.
Hold That Ghost, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1941!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1941 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Quincey Daniels: Biloxi, Mississippi -- Boxer (1960 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Gordon Hoban: American writer, a dramatist who wrote porno and S&M works.
- Jean Knight: British nurse and hospital administrator, the head of the Cerebral Palsy unit in Queen Mary's Hospital, Carshalton.
- Martin Jarvis: English actor.
- Ted Strickland: American psychologist and politician 68th Governor of Ohio.
- Zeki Ökten: Turkish film director (d. 2009)
- Dodger Mickey Owens is 1st to catch 3 foul flies in an inning (3rd)
- Winston Churchill departs on Prince of Wales to US
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?