Tuesday 31 August 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 31, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gustavo Adolfo Palma and James Lanphier.
Way Down East, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 August 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1920 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- James Lanphier: New York, United States -- Actor (Flight of Lost Balloon).
- Gustavo Adolfo Palma: Guatemalan singer (d. 2010).
- G D Spradlin: American actor.
- GD Spradlin: Movie Actor.
- Gustavo Palma: Guatemalan tenor and actor (d. 2010).
- G Spradlin: American actor director and producer (d. 2011).
- Belgium starts paying old age pensions
- Detroit radio station is 1st to broadcast a news program on the air
- The first radio news program is broadcast by 8MK in Detroit, Michigan.
- Polish-Bolshevik War: a decisive Polish victory in the Battle of Komarow.