Sunday 4 August 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maureen Cox Starkey and Maureen Tigrett.
Black Angel, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching King's Party Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1946 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Maureen Cox Starkey: 1st Wife of Beatle Ringo Starr.
- Maureen Tigrett: English-American hairdresser (d. 1994).
- Aleksei Turovski: Estonian zoologist and ethologist.
- An earthquake of magnitude 8.0 hits northern Dominican Republic. 100 are killed and 20,000 are left homeless.
- The 1946 Dominican Republic earthquake (magnitude 8.0) hits the northern Dominican Republic, killing 100, and leaving 20,000 homeless.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - Five Minutes More
- Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters - South America, Take It Away
- Just the Other Day - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
- Hawaiian War Chant (Ta-Hu-Wa-Hu-Wai) - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
- I Know - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?