Wednesday 16 January 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 16, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stirling Silliphant and Nel Benschop.
Tarzan of the Apes, directed by Scott Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 January 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1918 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Stirling Silliphant: American screenwriter and producer (d. 1996).
- Jean Gaven: French actor who appeared in more than sixty films between 1945 and 1996.
- Nel Benschop: Dutch poet and educator (d. 2005).
- Allan Ekelund: Swedish director producer and production manager (d. 2009).
- Clem Jones: Australian surveyor and politician 8th Lord Mayor of Brisbane (d. 2007).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Will You Remember? - Olive Kline & Lambert Murphy
- Danny Boy - Ernestine Schumann-Heink
- Somewhere in France is the Lily - Henry Burr
- Say a Prayer for the Boys Over There - Peerless Quartet