Wednesday 16 January 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stirling Silliphant and Jean Gaven.
Az élet királya, directed by Alfrd Desy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while The Tree of Heaven by May Sinclair was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1918 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Stirling Silliphant: American screenwriter and producer (d. 1996).
- Jean Gaven: French actor who appeared in more than sixty films between 1945 and 1996.
- Nel Benschop: Dutch poet and educator (d. 2005).
- Allan Ekelund: Swedish director producer and production manager (d. 2009).
- Clem Jones: Australian surveyor and politician 8th Lord Mayor of Brisbane (d. 2007).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Old Grey Mare - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Melody Land - Shannon Four
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?