Thursday 4 January 1900
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vincent Impellitteri and Nikita Alexandrovich .
Fight Between a Lion and a Bull, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while To Have and to Hold by Mary Johnston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1900!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1900 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Vincent Impellitteri: American politician, who served as the 101st Mayor of New York City (August 31, 1950 – November 14, 1950).
- Nikita Alexandrovich : Russian royalty, a nephew of Czar Nicholas II, and great-grandson of Czar Nicholas I..
- James Bond: American ornithologist and zoologist (d. 1989).
- Strikes in Belgium and Germany lead to mining riots.
- The Irish leader John Edward Redmond calls for a revolt against British rule.
- Dr. Henry A. Rowland of Johns Hopkins University announces a theory about the cause of the Earth's magnetism.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?