Wednesday 3 January 1900
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Jaubert and Dorothy Arnzer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 January 1900
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1900!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1900 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Maurice Jaubert: French musician, a leading film composer of the 1930s.
- Dorothy Arnzer: director.
- Donald J Russell: North American railroad executive (d. 1985).
- Donald Russell: American businessman (d. 1985).
- Edwin George Monk composer: dies at age 80.
- Perihelion Passage.
- Gerhart Hauptmanns "Schluck und Jau" premieres in Berlin.
- The United States Census estimates the country's population to be about 70 million people.