Tuesday 16 January 1900
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eugen Bamann and John Csepely.
Fight Between a Lion and a Bull, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while Red Pottage by Mary Cholmondele was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1900!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1900 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Eugen Bamann: German scientist and author, a researcher in biochemistry and pharmaceutical chemistry.
- John Csepely: American electronics engineer for Westinghouse Company in the 1960s.
- Wally Toscanini: Italian noted family, the daughter of Arturo Toscanini.
- Edith Frank: mother of Anne Frank (Born 1900).
- The United States Senate accepts the Anglo-German treaty of 1899 in which the United Kingdom renounces its claims to the Samoan islands.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?