Tuesday January 16, 1900
US date format: 1/16/1900, UK date format: 16/1/1900
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 16, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Eugen Bamann and Edith Frank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 16, 1900?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- The United States Senate accepts the Anglo-German treaty of 1899 in which the United Kingdom renounces its claims to the Samoan islands.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 16, 1900?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Albert Campbell - If you Were Only Mine
- Edward M. Favor - I'd Leave My Happy Home for You
- Albert Campbell - Mandy Lee