Tuesday 23 January 1900
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 23, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Hand (animator) and Ralph Graves.
Another Picture Showing Demonstration of a Pneumatic Shell Riveter, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 January 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1900!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1900 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- David Hand (animator)
- Mary Philips: Connecticut, United States -- Actress (Farewell to Arms, Incendiary Blonde).
- Ralph Graves: Cleveland, Ohio -- Actor (Dirigible, Flight, Dream Street).
- William Ifor Jones: Welsh conductor and organist (d. 1988).
- William Jones: Welsh organist and conductor (d. 1988).
- The Battle of Spion Kop between the forces of the South African Republic and the Orange Free State and British forces during the Second Boer War resulted in a British defeat.
- 5,000 Austrian miners go on strike.