Friday 4 May 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Superga air disaster and Hosni Mubarak.
Across to Singapore, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 May 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1928 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Hosni Mubarak: Egyptian President, leader and military commander.
- Superga air disaster
- Lars Gullin
- Wolfgang von Trips: German race car driver (d. 1961).
- Maynard Ferguson: Canadian trumpet player and bandleader (Big Bop Nouveau) (d. 2006).
- Betsy Rawls in Spartanburg: South Carolina, USA; LPGA golfer (Hall of Fame, US Women's Open-1951, 1953, 1957, 1960).
- Betsy Rawls: American golfer.
- Thomas Kinsella: Irish poet translator and publisher.
- Maynard Ferguson in Verdun: QuTbec, Canada; jazz trumpeter ("Birdland", "Roulette").
- Lawrence Rawl: American petrochemical engineer and CEO in charge of Exxon, an oil & gas production, shipping and refinement corporation.
- Lorenzo Rocci: Italy sport Champion.
- Barry E Odell Pain: English writer (Punch), dies at 63.