Monday 4 October 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bonnie Bryant and H Rap Brown.
Lassie Come Home, directed by Fred M. Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while Mrs. Parkington by Louis Bromfield was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1943 ?
- Bonnie Bryant: LPGA golfer.
- H Rap Brown: American civil rights activist.
- Buddy Roemer: American politician (Governor-Democrat-Louisiana).
- Owen Keir: Davidson in Australia; four time Wimbledon mix double champ.
- Dietmar Murdter: German footballer.
- Florian Pittis: Romanian artist (d. 2007)
- Jean-Cyril Spinetta: French businessman, currently chairman and CEO of the airline holding company Air France-KLM Group and chairman of the nuclear company AREVA.
- H Brown: American activist
- Karl-Gustav Kaisla: Finnish ice hockey player and referee (d. 2012)
- Dietmar Mürdter: German footballer
- Florian Pittiș: Romanian actor singer director and producer (d. 2007)
- Jimy Williams: American baseball player and manager
- Corsica freed by Free French
- German occupiers forbid flying of kites (6 month jail sentence)
- World War II: U.S. captures Solomon Islands.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?