Tuesday 4 September 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
Juno, directed by Jason Reitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Burnt House by Faye Kellerman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lud, zbunjen, normalan.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Championship Manager 2008 or Clean Asia!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 4 September 2007 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 September
- In a ceremony at Christ the Savior Cathedral in Moscow, priests chanted prayers in honor of the Russian Defense Ministry's 12th Main Directorate, which is responsible for the storage and maintenance of Russia's nuclear arsenal. (''The Moscow Times'')
- German authorities arrest three people for planning attacks on Frankfurt and a United States military base in Ramstein. (Reuters)
- A spokesman for Idaho Senator Larry Craig indicates that the Senator is rethinking his decision to resign following his plea of guilty to ampquotdisorderly conductampquot charges in Minneapolis. (''New York Times'')
- Mattel and the Consumer Product Safety Commission in the United States announces that it is recalling 700,000 Chinese-made toys on the grounds of excessive lead paint making it the third recall in the past month. (AP)
- Klaxons win the Mercury Prize for their album ''Myths of the Near Future'' beating favourites Amy Winehouse and the Arctic Monkeys. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- A week long heatwave in Southern California results in the death of 13 people and 500,000 people losing power in outages. (AP via Fox News)
- Hurricane Felix:
- Hurricane Felix is downgraded to a tropical storm but still threatens mudslides and floods in Honduras and Guatemala. (Euronews)
- Adventurer Steve Fossett is reported missing over the Nevada desert. (CNN)
- Bangladesh Nationalist Party Chairperson Khaleda Zia expels party Secretary General Abdul Mannan Bhuiyan and Joint Secretary General Ashraf Hossain accusing breaching party discipline.
- Former President of Iran, Hashemi Rafsanjani is elected the chairman of the Assembly of Experts (AP)
- The Iraqi Supreme Court confirms the death sentence passed on Ali Hassan al-Majid, Sultan Hashim al-Tai and Hussein Rashid al-Tikriti. (RTE)
- 2007 Lebanon conflict: Lebanon's Defense Minister Elias al-Murr claims that at least 222 Fatah al-Islam militants were killed during the struggle. (Reuters via News Limited)
- 2007 Pacific Hurricane season: Tropical Storm Henriette becomes Hurricane Henriette on its way to Baja California. (AP via Google)
- The United States Navy, Royal Australian Navy, Indian Navy, the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force and Republic of Singapore Navy conduct exercises in the Bay of Bengal, (BBC)
- The strike by Rail Maritime and Transport Union employees on the London Underground continued but the strike was called off later in the day after lengthy talks with Transport for London. (The Daily Telegraph)
- Australian company Zinifex and Belgian company Umicore merge their zinc smelting operations to form Nyrstar, the largest zinc smelting company. (AAP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Denmark's intelligence service arrests several people on suspicion of plotting a bomb attack. (Reuters and AFP via ''Melbourne Herald-Sun'')
- The Iranian military bombs villages in northern Iraq, targeting PEJAK militants. (NYT)
- Pakistan bombings:
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 4 September 2007
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Cambridge - Grays : 1 - 0
- Droylsden - Stevenage : 0 - 3
- Ebbsfleet - Histon : 0 - 1
- Farsley - Kidderminster : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?