Tuesday 5 August 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 5, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Geraldine Stutz and Eddie Yuhas.
Monsieur Beaucaire, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 August 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1924 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Geraldine Stutz: American business executive, the president and owner of Henri Bendel, an elegant Manhattan women's specialty store.
- Eddie Yuhas: American baseball player, a pitcher, he made his professional league debut with the St. Louis Cardinals on April 17, 1952.
- Michel Garbay: Carcassonne physician.
- Comic strip Little Orphan Annie, by Harold Gray, debuts
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- What'll I Do? - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- What'll I Do? - Lewis James