Friday 29 August 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dinah Washington and Consuelo Velazquez.
Open All Night, directed by Paul Bern, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1924 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Dinah Washington: American singer and pianist, who has been cited as "the most popular black female recording artist of the '50s".
- James W Wood: USAF / Astronaut (Dynasoar).
- Consuelo Velazquez: Mexican songwriter (d. 2005).
- Dinah Washington in Chicago: Illinois, USA; singer ("What a Difference a Day Makes").
- Hubert Thiriez: Loos lez Lille physician.
- María Pradera: Spanish singer and actress.
- German Republic day accepts Dawes plan
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Spain - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Indiana Moon - John McCormack
- There's Yes! Yes! in Your Eyes - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra