Friday 29 August 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James W Wood and Consuelo Velazquez.
The Iron Horse, directed by Kevin Brownlow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while So Big by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1924 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- James W Wood: USAF / Astronaut (Dynasoar).
- Consuelo Velazquez: Mexican songwriter (d. 2005).
- Dinah Washington in Chicago: Illinois, USA; singer ("What a Difference a Day Makes").
- Dinah Washington: American singer and pianist, who has been cited as "the most popular black female recording artist of the '50s".
- Hubert Thiriez: Loos lez Lille physician.
- María Pradera: Spanish singer and actress
- German Republic day accepts Dawes plan
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- San - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Don't Mind the Rain - Blossom Seeley
- Forget-Me-Not (Means Remember Me) - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?