Thursday 21 August 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 21, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arthur Janov and Gerald Lascelles.
The Iron Horse, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 August 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1924 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Arthur Janov: American author and clinical psychologist who discovered a controversial "primal therapy" which elicits screams from patients as part of a process to achieve healing.
- Gerald D Lascelles: Son of English Princess Mary.
- Gerald Lascelles: British peer, member of Royal Family, he was the second grandchild of King George V of England and Queen Mary.
- Jack Weston: American actor, the first child in his family, onscreen beginning in 1958.
- Jack Buck: American baseball announcer (Born 1924).
- Chris Schenkel: American sports journalist (d. 2005).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Forget-Me-Not (Means Remember Me) - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
- San - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Don't Mind the Rain - Blossom Seeley