Saturday 23 August 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 23, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ephraim Kishon and Edvard Fliflet Braein.
The Iron Horse, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 August 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1924 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Ephraim Kishon: Israeli author, dramatist, screenwriter, and Oscar-nominated film director.
- Denis Sargan: Econometrician.
- Edvard Fliflet Braein: Composer.
- Siti Hartinah Suharto: Wife of President Suharto of Indonesia.
- Robert Solow: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Heinrich Berte: Austrian operetta composer (Born 1856).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Forget-Me-Not (Means Remember Me) - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
- San - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Don't Mind the Rain - Blossom Seeley