Sunday 31 August 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 31, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Buddy Hackett and George Sewell.
Open All Night, directed by Paul Bern, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 August 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1924 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Buddy Hackett: American actor and comedian (d. 2003).
- George Sewell: Actor.
- Klaus Hashagen: Composer.
- Harry Meyen: German actor, husband of actress Romy Schneider.
- John Davidson: American physician and politician (d. 2012).
- Herbert Wise: Austrian-English director and producer (d. 2015).
- Todor Aleksandrov: Bulgarian educator and activist (d. 1924).
- Paavo Nurmi runs world record 10,000m (30:06.2)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Spain - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- John McCormack - Indiana Moon
- There's Yes! Yes! in Your Eyes - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra