Sunday 3 August 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 3, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leon Uris and Jean Gruault.
Monsieur Beaucaire, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 August 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1924 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Leon Uris: Baltimore, Maryland -- Novelist (Exodus, QB VII, Battle Cry).
- Jean Gruault
- Max van der Stoel: Dutch Foreign Minister (PvdA).
- Leon Uris in the USA novelist (Exodus: QB VII).
- Joseph Conrad: Polish-British adventurer and writer who was famous for his romantic and tragic stories about intrigue and life in Malaya, the Congo and Europe.
- Cyclist Piet Moeskops regains world sprint championist
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Lazy - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Concert No. 2 in C Minor, Parts 1 & 2 - Sergei Rachmaninoff
- Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians - Memory Lane