Friday 15 August 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 15, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Phyllis Schlafly and Robert Bolt.
The Iron Horse, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1924 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Phyllis Schlafly: American writer, lawyer, and media celebrity as the nation's best known anti-feminist and the scourge of the ERA.
- Robert Bolt: British playwright (Doctor Zhivago, Bounty), dies at 70.
- Robert Oxton Bolt: Playwright (Man for All Seasons, Dr Zhivago).
- Phyllis Schlafly in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; right-winger/Eagle Forum president.
- Werner Abrolat: Russian-German actor (d. 1997).
- Yoshirō Muraki: Japanese production designer art director and fashion designer (d. 2009).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- How Come You Do Me Like You Do? - Marion Harris
- It Had to be You - Cliff Edwards
- What'll I Do? - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra