Sunday 10 August 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 10, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-François Lyotard and Martha Hyer.
Monsieur Beaucaire, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 August 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1924 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Jean-François Lyotard: French post-structuralist philosopher and literary theorist.
- Martha Hyer: Texas, United States -- Actress (Day of the Wolves, Night of the Grizzly).
- Jean-Francois Lyotard: French philosopher and sociologist (Born 1924).
- Nancy Buckingham: British romance novelist.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- What'll I Do? - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- What'll I Do? - Lewis James