Saturday 30 August 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 30, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include René Bon and Geoffrey Beene.
Open All Night, directed by Paul Bern, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 August 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1924 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- René Bon
- Geoffrey Beene: American fashion designer (d. 2004).
- Kenny Dorham: American singer-songwriter and trumpet player (d. 1972).
- Rene Bon: French dancer, teacher and ballet master, a member of the Paris Opera Comique from 1940.
- Keith Carter: American Olympic athlete, a swimmer, he won a silver medal for the 200m breaststroke at the 1948 Olympics.
- Lajos Kisfaludy: Hungarian chemist and engineer (d. 1988).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Spain - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- John McCormack - Indiana Moon
- There's Yes! Yes! in Your Eyes - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra