Wednesday 6 August 1924
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mario Fazio and Samuel Bowers.
Monsieur Beaucaire, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1924 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Mario Fazio: Italian journalist and president of the Italia Nostra since January 1987.
- Samuel Bowers: American activist co-founded the White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (d. 2006).
- John Henry Roberts: Composer, dies at 76.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- What'll I Do? - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- What'll I Do? - Lewis James