Friday 1 August 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Abdullah of Saudi Arabia and Marcia Mae Jones.
Monsieur Beaucaire, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1924 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Abdullah of Saudi Arabia
- Marcia Mae Jones: American actress (d. 2007).
- Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud: Royalty.
- Marcia Jones: American actress and singer (d. 2007).
- Abdullah of: Abdullah of Saudi Arabia (d. 2015).
- Frank Worrell: Former West Indian cricketer (d. 1967).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Lazy - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Concert No. 2 in C Minor, Parts 1 & 2 - Sergei Rachmaninoff
- Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians - Memory Lane