Saturday 2 August 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Baldwin and Carroll O'Connor.
Manhandled, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Heirs Apparent by Philip Gibbs was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1924 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- James Baldwin: American writer (Born 1924).
- Carroll O'Connor: American actor (d. 2001).
- Corrado (TV host)
- Roland Mancini: French biographer.
- James Baldwin: New York, United States -- Author (Go Tell it on Mountain, Another Country).
- Joe Harnell: American musician, composer and arranger (Born 1924).
- Raffaele Andreassi: Italian film director most known for his movie "Flashback" from 1969.
- Corrado : Italian actor, a radio and TV host of special programs.
- Joe Hauser sets record of 14 total bases in a game
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians - Memory Lane
- Lazy - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Concert No. 2 in C Minor, Parts 1 & 2 - Sergei Rachmaninoff
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?