Sunday 5 December 1926
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Savalas in Bronx and Robert Vigier.
Nana, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Private Life of Helen of Troy by John Erskine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1926!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1926 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- George Savalas in Bronx: New York, USA; actor/brother of Telly Savalas (Kojak).
- Robert Vigier: France sport Champion.
- Claude Monet: French painter who was the initiator, leader, and unswerving advocate of the Impressionist style.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Black Bottom - Johnny Hamp & His Orchestra
- Lucky Day - Revelers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?