Thursday 5 January 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 5, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Berliner and Panama Jack.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Diane, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Memoirs by Harry S. Truman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 January 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1956 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Gérard Berliner: French actor and composer who died on 13 October 2010 in Paris.
- Panama Jack: American restaurateur who opened his "Panama Jack's" in Eureka, CA on 2/28/1987.
- Jo Lemaire: Belgian singer.
- Bernard Rogel
- Tim Macartney-Snape: Australian mountaineer.
- Frank-Walter Steinmeier: German academic and politician 14th Vice-Chancellor of Germany.
- Chen Kenichi: Japanese-born chef.
- Elvis Presley records Heartbreak Hotel
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?