Tuesday 5 January 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 5, 1960). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Glenn Stromberg and Phil Thornalley.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to El Paso by Marty Robbins.
In UK What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For? by Emile Ford & The Checkmates was in the top 5 hits.
The Bridge, directed by Bernhard Wicki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while The Chapman Report by Irving Wallace was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shotgun Slade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 January 1960
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1960!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1960 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Phil Thornalley: English bass guitarist (The Cure).
- Glenn Stromberg: Swedish footballer.
- Bettina Tietjen: German television presenter and talkshow host.
- Steve Jones: British aviator (Red Bull Air Race World Series).
- Glenn Strömberg: Swedish footballer and sportscaster.
- Pavel P Parenago: Russian cosmonaut, dies at age 53.
- Continental League, a proposed third major baseball league, gets an assurance of congressional support from New York Senator Kenneth Keating.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Spacemen - The Clouds
- Fats Domino - Be My Guest
- Marv Johnson - You Got What It Takes
- The Drifters - Dance With Me
- Smokie - Part 2 - Bill Black's Combo
- Lloyd Price and His Orchestra - Wont'cha Come Home
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Jackie Wilson - Talk That Talk
- Bobby Bland - I'll Take Care Of You
- Lloyd Price and His Orchestra - Come Into My Heart
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?