Thursday 14 January 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christian Moullec .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to El Paso by Marty Robbins.
In UK What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For? by Emile Ford & The Checkmates was in the top 5 hits.
The Men Who Tread on the Tiger's Tail, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise and Consent by Allen Drury Hawaii was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of the Terrible Ten.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1960!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1960 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Christian Moullec: French meteorologist, photographer and animal welfare activist.
- US Army promoted Elvis Presley to Sergeant
- Tuindorp-Oostzaan in Northern Amsterdam, flooded.
- The Reserve Bank of Australia, the country's central bank and banknote issuing authority, is established.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 January 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?