Sunday 10 January 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Benoit Pelletier and Gurinder Chadha.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to El Paso by Marty Robbins.
In UK What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For? by Emile Ford & The Checkmates was in the top 5 hits.
The Men Who Tread on the Tiger's Tail, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise and Consent by Allen Drury Hawaii was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of the Terrible Ten.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1960!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1960 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Benoit Pelletier: Canadian politician.
- Gurinder Chadha: Kenyan-English director producer and screenwriter.
- Brian Cowen: Irish lawyer and politician 12th Taoiseach of Ireland.
- Claudia Losch: German shot putter.
- John Mann: English lawyer and politician.
- Benoît Pelletier: Canadian lawyer and politician
- Samira Said: Moroccan singer-songwriter producer and actress
- Jack Laviolette: Canadian ice hockey player coach and manager (d. 1960).
- Bollingen Prize for poetry awarded to Delmore Schwartz.
- British Prime Minister Harold Macmillan makes the Wind of Change speech for the first time (see February 3).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 January 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?