What Happened on January 10, 1960US date format: 1/10/1960, UK date format: 10/1/1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 10, 1960). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Cowen and Gurinder Chadha.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to El Paso by Marty Robbins.
In UK What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For? by Emile Ford & The Checkmates was in the top 5 hits.
Solomon and Sheba, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Showtime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 January 1960
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1960!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1960 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Brian Cowen: Irish lawyer and politician 12th Taoiseach of Ireland.
- Gurinder Chadha: Kenyan-English director producer and screenwriter.
- Claudia Losch: German shot putter.
- Benoit Pelletier: Canadian politician.
- Benoît Pelletier: Canadian lawyer and politician.
- Samira Said: Moroccan singer-songwriter producer and actress.
- John Mann: English lawyer and politician.
- Jack Laviolette: Canadian ice hockey player coach and manager (d. 1960).
- Bollingen Prize for poetry awarded to Delmore Schwartz.
- British Prime Minister Harold Macmillan makes the Wind of Change speech for the first time (see February 3).
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Spacemen - The Clouds
- Fats Domino - Be My Guest
- Marv Johnson - You Got What It Takes
- The Drifters - Dance With Me
- Smokie - Part 2 - Bill Black's Combo
- Lloyd Price and His Orchestra - Wont'cha Come Home
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Jackie Wilson - Talk That Talk
- Bobby Bland - I'll Take Care Of You
- Lloyd Price and His Orchestra - Come Into My Heart
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?