Wednesday 6 January 1960, Epiphany
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul William Azinger in Holyoke and Andrea Thompson.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to El Paso by Marty Robbins.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
The Men Who Tread on the Tiger's Tail, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Too Many Ghosts by Paul Gallico was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of the Terrible Ten.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1960!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1960 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Paul William Azinger in Holyoke: Massachusetts, USA; PGA golfer (1987 Phoenix Open).
- Andrea Thompson: American actress.
- Paul Azinger: American golfer, a member of the PGA Tour since turning pro in 1981.
- Adrien Joveneau: Belgian media personality and producer at RTBF (Radio Télévision Belge de la Communauté Française, the public broadcasting organization of the French Community of Belgium, the southern, French-speaking part of Belgium).
- Howie Long: American football linemen, actor and TV sports commentator.
- Nigella Lawson: English chef and writer
- Eric Grothe: Sr. Australian rugby league player
- Kari Jalonen: Finnish ice hockey player and coach
- National Airlines Flight 2511 is destroyed in mid-air by a bomb, while en route from New York City to Miami.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?