Tuesday 19 January 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alfrederick Joyner and Eleanor Mondale.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Running Bear by Johnny Preston.
In UK What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For? by Emile Ford & The Checkmates was in the top 5 hits.
The Men Who Tread on the Tiger's Tail, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Firma Hesselbach.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1960!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1960 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Alfrederick Joyner: East St. Louis, Illinois -- Triple jumper (1984 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Eleanor Mondale: American noted family, the middle daughter of politician Walter Mondale, vice-president under Richard Nixon.
- Eisenhower and Premier Kishi sign US-Japanese Security pact
- US President Dwight Eisenhower and Japanese Premier Kishi sign US-Japanese Security pact.
- The Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security between the United States and Japan is signed in Washington, D.C.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 January 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Andy Williams - The Village Of St. Bernadette
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?